- Air humidity sensor
Advantages and technology of the air humidity sensor
How to ensure the perfect climate for your processes
- How about making sure that there is no risk of short circuits due to excessive humidity before switching on your electronic controllers?
- How about always keeping an eye on the climatic ambient conditions, and thus reliably ensure the quality of your product?
The LDH29x air humidity sensor continuously monitors the climatic ambient conditions, thus protecting your process and the electronic controllers from excessive humidity and temperature.
What does the LDH29x offer via IO-Link?
- 2 process values, humidity and temperature, via one wire only
- Storage of minimum and maximum values for temperature and humidity
- Diagnostic data, such as operating hours and switch-on cycles
- Humidity and temperature histogram
- Easy sensor replacement – parameters are set automatically when connected to an IO-Link master
This is how the sensor determines air humidity
- Humidity is measured by means of a capacitive measuring element consisting of two electrodes (capacitor) to which a voltage is applied. Between the two electrodes there is dielectric material which is able to absorb humidity.
- Constant exchange of substances between the dielectric material and the ambient air ensures an equilibrium between the measuring element and the air to be measured.
- If the humidity content of the ambient air changes, the humidity content of the dielectric material changes in the same way. This in turn leads to a change in the capacitance of the capacitor, which allows for determination of the current humidity level.