- ifm at a glance
Since the beginning, a lively corporate culture has been important for the ifm group of companies. It should be shaped by confidence, appreciation and moral action and be reflected in the interaction between the employees and also in the partnerships with our customers and business partners.
These basic modes of conduct were laid down in the ifm corporate philosophy by the founders Robert Buck and Gerd Marhofer in 1990. The values defined then still apply today and will continue to be valid in the future. They are the pillars on which we have grown as the ifm group of companies and on which our activities of today and the future are based.
The ifm Code of Conduct basically summarises the values of the ifm corporate philosophy and transports them into the present. The ifm Code of Conduct is the charter of our activities and our success - which we as ifm are convinced of. It is the guarantee for us as ifm that we are perceived and appreciated by our business partners as a moral company.
We, the ifm group of companies, stand for the following values:
- We follow the applicable laws, guidelines and standards.
- We treat each other and our business partners respectfully. The religion, the sex, the age, the skin colour or the ethnic origin do not have any influence on our activities.
- We explicitly acknowledge the UN Charter on Human Rights. Child labour and forced labour are rejected by us and by our business partners.
- The interaction with our business partners is of great importance to us. We maintain an intensive exchange and a trustful interaction with our customers and suppliers. Any pretence of obtaining or granting an undue advantage is to be excluded by us.
- We stand for a fair competition.
- We develop and sell the best products for an automated world, however not for military and weapon-technology purposes.
- We adhere to the privacy notice and handling of confidential information.
- We observe the requirements on occupational safety and environmental protection so that we and our children will have a sustainable future, today and tomorrow.
We do a lot for these moral values and compliance with them because we have always done what we have meant and said. We support this culture through
- internal training on various compliance topics.
- well-directed guidelines which provide us with orientation and certainty in our daily activities.
- audits carried out by internal and external auditors who, among others, check compliance with these rules.
ifm electronic gmbh has appointed a Compliance Manager for the ifm group of companies who is organisationally assigned to the Internal Auditing & Compliance main department. Both the Head of the Internal Auditing & Compliance department and the Compliance Manager, who form the compliance function, have defined tasks and competencies within the entire group of companies.
In fulfilling its duties, the compliance function is solely bound by instructions and information from the Board of Directors of ifm stiftung & co. kg and reports directly to it.
Open communication has always been an essential part of ifm's corporate culture. Employees can directly and confidentially address reports on possible incorrect behaviour against our ifm values to their line manager.
Moreover, employees can use the compliance function which will treat all concerns confidentially at all times. Whistleblowers acting to the best of their knowledge are protected against any disadvantages resulting from their report.
Our business partners can also contact the ifm compliance function to point out deficits which do not meet the ifm values.
You can reach the ifm compliance function at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ifm whistleblowing system
In order to better comply with our duty of care, we have set up a whistleblowing system. This can be used by employees who feel that they cannot approach their line manager, the compliance function, the responsible Central Managing Director or the Board of Directors.
We ask you to use the whistleblowing system responsibly.
It can be used in ten languages and, if desired, anonymously to report potential disregard of our corporate values and suspected criminal cases.
As ifm highly values open communication, we would like to encourage you to indicate your name when addressing a report. The compliance function will follow up every concern in strict confidence and take into account the legitimate interests of all parties involved.
An electronic mailbox enables whistleblowers and the compliance function to communicate - also anonymously - if desired. This is important in case of further questions or to supplement reports with additional information later.