- Advantages of AS-i
- System overview
AS-Interface system overview
What opportunities does AS-Interface offer?
Companies worldwide are relying on simple wiring and automation technologies to improve their overall plant efficiency and availability. Always present: AS-Interface. The sophisticated AS-Interface technology offers high reliability, noise immunity and diverse diagnostic capabilities.
The simple, very stable and proven technology enables sensors to simultaneously transmit diagnostic information to the PLC and to higher-level IT infrastructures. Its modular structure and flexible connection technology ensure easy integration into the system.
A two-wire flat cable transmits data and energy, eliminating complex parallel wiring.
You would like to know more about AS-Interface? Nothing easier than that.
We have summarised the most important facts and benefits of AS-Interface for you.
|Medium||unshielded two-wire line for data and energy|
|Cable length||100 m, expandable to up to 1,000 m, up to 3,000 m possible through fibre optics|
|Number of I/Os||496 inputs + 496 outputs for digital, analogue and safe data|
|Cycle time||5- 10 ms|
What does AS-Link offer you?
- A globally standardised system according to IEC 62026-2.
- AS-Interface enables cabling while freely choosing your topology.
It replaces the complex, conventional parallel wiring.
- The cabling can be connected to control systems with different fieldbus systems (such as EtherNet/IP, Profibus-DP, Profinet, EtherCat etc.).
How do you benefit from AS-Interface?
- Easy-to-implement, unshielded wiring and voltage concept.
- AS-Interface is a flexible, inexpensive system that can be easily expanded.
- Safe and non-safe data can be processed via the same system.
- Less complex set-up and reduced input for documentation as well as diverse diagnostic capabilities.
- Reduction of terminals through modular structure and flexible connection technology.
AS-Interface provides an easy and comfortable way to build a future-proof foundation for smart industrial automation.