The 3D camera and the software development kit can be used to develop individual solutions and applications.
If the camera is integrated into a machine, the measured data can be evaluated with common image processing libraries. A software development kit with code samples is available in different programming languages.
Three-dimensional detection and evaluation
The 3D camera, on the basis of PMD technology, detects scenes and objects at a glance in three dimensions. In contrast to laser scanners it does not require moving components and is thus robust and wear-free. The function principle, the time of flight technology (ToF), can be compared to a laser scanner. However, instead of one there are 23,000 receiving elements arranged on the chip as a matrix. That means that not only one point but a complete scene is measured in only one capture. In addition to the distance image, the camera chip also provides a grey-scale image of the scene. Intuitive parameter software allows easy setting of the camera-specific parameters. A software development kit including code samples is available in various programming languages.
Three-dimensional real-time detection of any scene
- New digital image chip with 23,000 pixels
- Provision of distance image and grey-scale image
- Evaluation with common image processing libraries common on the market
- Industrially compatible housing
- Connection to MATLAB, HALCON, PCL (Point Cloud Library) and ROS (Robot Operating System)
Autonomous Guided Vehicle
3D camera to navigate driverless transport systems, cleaning robots or forklift trucks(e.g. collision avoidance, fork positioning and fork height monitoring).
- Dimensioning and positioning of suitcases, packages, etc.
- Automated loading and unloading of containers
- Storage space optimisation
- Supply chain management and coordination of material provision (conveyor belt occupancy)
- Harvest and log measurement in agriculture and forestry
- Milking robots and measuring of livestock
- Counting of persons and room monitoring