- Real Time Maintenance - Machine tool monitoring
Machine tool monitoring
RtM monitoring systems can protect both production line availability and safeguard machine tools from extensive damage.
- Spindle issues -- unbalance and bearing wear
- Inadvertent crashes
Machine health status, process quality measurements and crash mitigation are all possible with ifm's VSE machine tool vibration edge controller systems.
- Track and monitor cutting tool performance for worn tool replacement and equipment protection.
- Monitor machining process to prevent rework and product loss due to out-of-tolerance dimensions and finishes.
Spindle condition monitoring
- Accelerometer monitors bearing frequencies alerting to damaged or worn bearings that can cause out-of-tolerance dimensions and finishes.
Spindle crash monitoring
- Accelerometer monitors peak forces to de-energize axis drives within 0.65 msec.
- Mitigates crash damage to spindle, tooling and workpiece.
Record and time stamp events
- Capture operational usage to pinpoint operating stresses that cause damage and wear.
- Monitor coolant systems for flow and temperature to ensure proper operational conditions.
- Monitor coolant levels in tanks and pump-backs for proper delivery and spill prevention.
- Maintain proper system pressure to avoid component damage from over or under pressure.
- Vibration Edge controller processes sensor signals and evaluates operational status for real-time condition monitoring.
- Automates complex algorithms (e.g., Fast Fourier Transforms) at the edge, minimizing network bandwidth and server resources.
- Tracks and locally stores measurement trend history to simplify data management and transfer.
- Converts measured data values into actionable information at the point of use.
- Connects to industrial and business Ethernet system for simplified asset maintenance and operational management.