Object dimensioning with the O3D 3D Sensor
The new 3D sensor detects the dimensions of the goods via innovative time-of-flight technology. It signals via threshold values if e.g. package parameters are outside the defined areas.
- Non-contact dimensioning of rectangular objects such as cardboard packages or parcels
- Determination and comparison of dimensions, orientation and position.
- Provides height, width and length to calculate strap length and volume.
- Quality parameters help detect damaged or deformed objects
- Switching outputs and Ethernet process data interface
The revolution in intralogistics
Whether pallets, post room, storage building, logistics or distribution centre: The storage volume that can be used defines the capacity and the costs. A good reason to ensure the best-possible use of the space requirement during feeding.
The new 3D sensor detects the dimensions of the goods via innovative time-of-flight technology. It signals via threshold values if e.g. package parameters are outside the defined areas. For automated storage space planning via WMS (Warehouse Management System) or ERP system (Enterprise Resource Planning) it provides the size, orientation and position of the objects. The data is also used for controlling robots, sorting equipment and distribution gates. Besides robustness the sensor is also distinguished by user-friendly handling and simple integration.
The benefit of volume determination
- Non-contact measurement of rectangular object (e.g.: cardboard packages or parcels).
- Determination of dimensions, orientation and position.
- Provides data to calculate the strap length and the volume.
- Quality parameters help with the detection of damaged objects.
- Colour-independent and extraneous-light resistant due to time-of-flight technology (ToF).
Simple and convenient set-up
- Integration via digital I/Os or Ethernet interface.
- Fast configuration, usually less than three minutes.
- A wiring wizard helps with the first set-up.