- Advantages of AS-i
Typical AS-i applications
Easily wire silo applications with AS-i and save costs
The AS-i Airbox combines electronics and pneumatics in one housing.
Easy installation in 4 steps:
- Place the yellow AS-i flat cable in the lower part
- Place the upper part
- Connect by actuating the slide
- Compressed air supply as well as connection of the actuator takes place via standard pneumatic tubes
- Push-in pneumatic tubes prevent leaks
Saving costs does not only mean reducing installation and set-up costs, but also avoiding unnecessary leaks. This is where the AirBox helps by means of decentralisation:The valve is in the immediate vicinity of the actuator.
- cost savings thanks to possible pressure decrease
- shorter switching times
- shorter pneumatic tubes
Safety technology with AS-i: simple, intuitive and flexible.
Conventional wiring of E-STOP devices is very complex.
Cables must be cut to length and laid. In the terminal chamber of the E-STOP, they must be stripped and fitted with wire end sleeves before they can be connected to the contact points.
As-i reduces cabling and assembly costs to a bare minimum. Using an M12 connection cable, the E-STOP is simply connected to a cable insulation displacement connector, which ensures a quick and secure connection thanks to the piercing method.
- Easiest wiring thanks to piercing technology
- Fewer documents
- Clear structure
- Troubleshooting is easy
Unique combination in production control
- The tag is read automatically when the antenna passes
- High reading reliability in all applications
- The gateway is the head-end and transmits the value to each fieldbus
- The AS-Interface certification guarantees manufacturer-independent compatibility
Easy wiring for data and energy
- Quick connection
- Flexible branching
- No screening
- Address, connect, … ready!
No configuration required.
AS-Interface- solutions for food and process applications
- Many terminals
- Complicated wiring
- Long pneumatic tubes
- Much documentation
Control and feedback via AS-Interface
- Data and energy on one two-wire cable
- Quick connection technology
- Flexible branching, simple and clearly structured