VALIDITY / GENERAL POINTS
The terms of sale and delivery apply to all offers, bids, sales and deliveries unless otherwise agreed in writing between the parties.
Prices stated in catalogues, price lists etc. are for guidance and can be changed at any time without prior warning.
Prices stated in offers are only binding on placement of a final and binding order no later than 3 months from the time the offer is made.
Prices stated in offers and order acknowledgements are based on the exchange rate stated in the offer/order acknowledgement (basic rate).
Furthermore, all pricing is based on the customs rates valid at the time of ordering as well as other public/statutory taxes and charges; in the event of these changing, the delivery cost will be adjusted accordingly. All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Unless otherwise specified, prices apply ex seller's warehouse, exclusive of fees and shipping.
Delivery times are calculated from whichever of the following is the latest:
ifm electronic´s receipt of purchaser's order; if the order includes conditions that deviate from ifm electronic´s offer, the date on which such discrepancies have finally been clarified between the parties shall apply.
ifm electronic´s receipt from the purchaser of such complete technical specifications as may be necessary to complete the delivery
ifm electronic´s receipt of any advance payment or deposit that may have been agreed between the parties.
The delivery times stated by ifm electronic are based on delivery details obtained from the supplier in question. ifm electronic does not assume liability to pay compensation for any delays more extensive than the relevant manufacturer's standard conditions.
Moreover, any order received is subject to force majeure, cf. below.
In the event of delayed delivery, where this is due to conditions attributable to the purchaser or as described in the provisions set out above as well as force majeure, ifm electronic is at no point liable for operating losses, loss of profits and/or other indirect losses, including any consequential damage or loss.
Delivery shall take place in accordance with Incoterms 2000 EXW unless otherwise agreed in writing.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
Payment shall be made in cash no later than 30 days from the invoice date, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
If payment is not made promptly, ifm electronic reserves the right to charge penalty interest on the debt outstanding from time to time from the due date as well as reminder fees.
The item(s) sold remain(s) ifm electronic´s property until payment has been made in full.
For injury to persons resulting from faults or defects associated with products supplied, ifm electronic shall be liable in accordance with current legislation on product liability. ifm electronic is not liable for damage to real or movable property unless the product supplied is for private use. ifm electronic is not responsible for operating losses, loss of profits or other indirect losses resulting from product liability.
Any complaints shall be made in writing no later than 8 days after receipt of goods.
ifm electronic´s liability for defects does not cover flaws due to a construction or design stipulated by the purchaser, amendments made by the purchaser without ifm electronic´s agreement submitted in writing, incorrect repairs carried out by the purchaser or at his instigation, incorrect installation, fitting or treatment, faulty maintenance or other factors attributable to the purchaser. Nor does ifm electronic assume any liability for deterioration due to general wear and tear or age.
ifm electronic assumes no responsibility and no liability to pay compensation for any personal injury, damage to other equipment or property, operating losses, or other derivative damage irrespective of the cause.
ifm electronic is liable for personal injury only if it can be demonstrated that such injury is due to fault or neglect committed by the seller or others for whom he is responsible.
The item(s) sold will only be taken back subject to prior acceptance in writing from ifm electronic.
Goods proving within the guarantee period following the delivery date to be flawed with manufacturing or material defects shall be repaired or exchanged for new ones if sent carriage-free to ifm electronic. ifm electronic itself will choose between repair and replacement.
If the purchaser wishes to have goods repaired or exchanged at his address within the guarantee period, ifm electronic reserves the right to charge the purchaser for travel costs.
A guarantee is given on the terms set out in ifm electronic´s catalogue current at the time of entering into a purchase agreement.
ifm electronic is not liable for any loss arising because of regulatory provisions, acts of war, strikes, lock-out, blockade, unrest, fire, import and export bans, transportation issues, general scarcity of goods, delays with or shortages from subsuppliers due to the circumstances mentioned or similar, nor due to other factors outside ifm electronic´s control preventing, delaying or complicating ifm electronic's fulfilment of its obligations.
Any losses arising for other reasons such as internal or external computer processing units not working shall be indemnified only if the client proves that such damage is due to gross negligence displayed by ifm electronic.
Disputes between the purchaser and ifm electronic in connection with deliveries covered by the above shall be settled by arbitration. The court of arbitration shall comprise two members, each party selecting one member. The court of arbitration shall lay down its own procedural rules and, if required, select as umpire a legal expert, who shall have the final decision if agreement cannot be reached. The court of arbitration's decision is final and binding on both parties. The court of arbitration shall also determine the breakdown of costs associated with arbitration between the parties to the case. The court of arbitration's seat shall be in Copenhagen, Denmark.
You are purchasing standard software from ifm in order to use it for your applications or for the applications of your customers.
Section 1 - Subject matter of the agreement
- The subject matter of this agreement is the permanent provision of the computer program referred to in the pertaining product description including the associated user documentation ("contract software") against payment and free of charge and the granting of the rights of use for the software described in section 2. The hardware and software environment necessary for the use of the contract software is also specified in the product description.
- The contract software and the user documentation are available on the website. If the software is protected by a license key, you shall receive the license key exclusively for the use of the software as specified in these terms, the product description and the user documentation.
- The functionality of the contract software is fully apparent from the product description. The specifications therein shall be understood as a service description and cannot be construed to constitute a guarantee. A guarantee is only granted if it has been explicitly designated as such. Installation and configuration services are not part of these terms.
Section 2 - Granting of rights
- Unless otherwise specified (e.g. in the case of demo versions), you are granted a non-exclusive right to use the contract software, unlimited in time, to the extent granted in these terms and in the product description. The contract software may only be used on one device or one virtual machine per purchased license. The permitted use includes the installation of the contractual software, loading into memory and use in accordance with the intended purpose. Under no circumstances shall you be entitled to make the purchased contract software available for hire or sublicense it in other ways, to publicly reproduce it or make it accessible via wired or wireless communication means, or to make it available to third parties in return for payment or free of charge, e.g. by way of Application Service Providing or Software as a Service. This shall have no effect on the validity of para. 4.
- You shall be entitled to create a backup copy of the contract software if this is deemed necessary for its continued use. You undertake to visibly affix the word "Backup copy" as well as a copyright notice referring to ifm on the backup copy created by you.
- You shall be entitled to decompile and duplicate the contract software to the extent permitted by law.
- You shall be entitled to permanently permit the use of the purchased copy of the contract software to a third party by transferring the license certificate and the documentation. In this case, you shall fully cease the use of the program, delete any installed copies of the program from your computers and delete any copies on other data storage media or transfer these copies to us, provided that you are not required by law to retain such copies for a longer period. Upon our request, you undertake to confirm in written form that the mentioned measures have been carried out in full or, if necessary, to state reasons for a longer retention period. In addition, you shall explicitly agree with the third party to comply with the scope of the granting of rights under this section 2.
- If you use the contract software in a manner that qualitatively (in terms of the nature of the permitted use) or quantitatively (in terms of the number of purchased licenses) exceeds the purchased rights of use, you undertake to purchase the remaining rights immediately. If you fail to do so, we shall be entitled to assert our rights in accordance with this agreement.
- Copyright notices, serial numbers or other features serving to identify the program must not be removed from the contract software or altered.
Section 3 - Warranty
- In the event that the contract software is made available against payment, we shall warrant the agreed quality of the contractual software pursuant to the following provisions, and that you can use the contractual software without breaching the rights of third parties.
The warranty shall not apply to defects attributable to the use of the contract software in a hardware or software environment that is incompatible with the requirements stipulated in these terms and the product description or to alterations and modifications you have made to the software without being entitled to do so pursuant to law or these terms or by our prior written consent.
- You undertake to examine the contract software promptly after receipt for apparent defects and to promptly notify us of such defects; otherwise, any warranty for such defects shall be excluded. The same shall apply to cases where such defects become apparent at a later stage.
- In the event of a material defect we shall initially be entitled to subsequent performance, i.e., at our choice, to remedy the defect ("rectification") or to deliver a replacement. If a replacement is provided, you may receive a more recent software version, except where this results in unreasonable impairments. In the event of defects of title, we shall, at our option, procure a legally valid means of using the contract software or modify it in such a way that it no longer infringes any third party rights.
- We shall be entitled to provide the warranty services at your premises. We shall also meet our obligation to rectify defects by making updates available for download through an automatic installation routine on our website, and by offering you telephone support to help resolve any installation issues that may arise.
- This does not affect your right to reduce the purchase price or rescind the contract if efforts to provide a remedy or replacement delivery fail twice. The right to rescind the contract is excluded in the event of insignificant defects. If you claim compensation for damages or futile expenses, our liability shall be governed by section 4.
- With the exception of claims for damages, warranty claims on the basis of material defects shall be subject to a statutory limitation period of two years. If a data carrier is sold, the statutory limitation period shall start upon delivery of the contract software, in the event of a sale involving a download from the Internet, it shall start upon notification and activation of the access data for the download section. Claims for damages and claims for reimbursement of futile expenses shall be governed by section 4.
- If a maintenance contract exists between the parties, the time limit for removal of defects shall be determined by the periods stipulated therein.
Section 4 - Liability
- Unless agreed otherwise in individual cases, we shall be liable in accordance with this section 4.
In accordance with this section 4, we shall be liable without limitation
- in case of intent or gross negligence;
- in case of damage to life, limb or health;
- pursuant to the provisions of the German Product Liability Act; and
- under a warranty assumed.
- In the event of a breach of obligation due to slight negligence, where the said obligation is essential for fulfilling the purpose of the contract (cardinal obligation), our liability shall be limited in amount to the damage that is foreseeable and typical for this type of business.
- Any further liability on our part shall be excluded.
- The aforementioned limitation of liability shall also apply to the personal liability of our employees, representatives and bodies.
Section 5 - Security measures, right to carry out audits
- You shall take suitable measures to protect the contract software and, where applicable, the online access data, from access by unauthorised third parties. In particular, all copies of the contract software and access data must be kept in a safe place.
- On request, you shall allow us to verify the correct use of the contract software, and especially whether you are using the program both qualitatively and quantitatively within the scope allowed by the acquired licenses. For this purpose, you shall provide us with information, let us inspect relevant documents and files and enable us, or an auditing company appointed by us which is acceptable to you, to examine the hardware and software environment employed. We may carry out the audit at your premises during regular business hours, or may have it carried out by a third party who is bound by professional secrecy. We shall ensure that such activities at your premises will have the least possible impact on your business operations. If it follows from the audit the number of licenses used exceeds the number of licenses acquired by more than 5% (five percent) or that there are other usages not in keeping with the contract, you shall bear the costs of the audit; otherwise the costs shall be borne by us.
Section 6 - Miscellaneous
- You shall be able to transfer to third parties any claims against us based upon this contract only following our written consent. This shall have no effect on the validity of section 2 para. 4.
- Any terms of business which may contradict these license terms shall be inapplicable.
- The parties are aware that the contract software may be subject to export or import restrictions. In particular, there may be obligations to obtain permission, or the use of the software or associated technologies abroad may be subject to restrictions. Applicable export and import control provisions of the Federal Republic of Germany, the European Union and the United States of America as well as any other applicable regulations have to be adhered to. Our performance of the contract is subject to the proviso that there are no obstacles to performance due to national and international regulations of export and import law or any other legal provisions.
- This contract shall be governed by the law of the country in which ifm is headquartered. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods of 11 April 1980 (UN Sales Convention) shall be excluded.
- Place of jurisdiction is at the place of business of ifm.
General Terms and Conditions for Software Maintenance (Services)
The parties have concluded an agreement on the provision of software. The terms and conditions below apply to the provision of software maintenance services by ifm electronic gmbh (hereinafter referred to as “service provider”) in respect of the software supplied to the customer. Deviating terms and conditions of the customer are expressly not recognised.
ifm electronic gmbh or an affiliate company of ifm electronic gmbh.
Special agreement between the customer and service provider on the provision of software.
Natural or legal person who commissions the service provider to provide the contractual services.
The computer program specified in the main contract.
New program version of a software used to eliminate errors found in the previous program version.
New program version of a software containing new or improved functionalities of the software.
2. Subject matter of the contract
The service provider provides software maintenance services in respect of the software supplied to the customer. The provision of the services described here is dependent on the conclusion of the main contract.
There is no special remuneration owed for the services rendered by the service provider unless otherwise mutually agreed.
4. General obligations (to perform), cooperation of the customer
The customer shall provide the service provider with all the information required to properly assess and process the respective service query without being prompted to do so.
Furthermore, the customer is obliged to install the updates made available to it by the service provider and to use only the most current version of software or the version prior to the most current version. This shall not apply if this is unreasonable, for example because the most current or the predecessor software version is/are defective, and this would impair the customer's operations.
5. Scope of service, service times
The service is provided by the service provider by email or over the phone in German or in English.
The current service times available on the country-specific homepage of the service provider apply, e.g. https://www.ifm.com/de/de/de/kontakt/kontakt for Germany.
The service provider is obligated to respond to a service query within the response times defined below. Response time refers to the time taken to respond once a service ticket has been opened by the service provider describing a specific and reproducible incident (“ticket creation”). Response times are measured during the respective service period.
The following response times apply whereby the priority of the incident is defined by the customer:
|high||The incident has a serious impact on business operations or activities, or business operations cannot be carried out. The incident requires immediate action because significant losses may result or overall business operations may be affected.||4h|
|medium||Due to the failure, a business transaction does not function as intended. The incident has a minor impact on business operations.||8h|
|low||The incident has a minor impact or no impact on business operations.||24h|
Incident: An incident within the meaning of these terms and conditions is said to have occurred if the software, when used according to the contractual purpose, the scope of services agreed and the system requirements outlined by the provider, does not provide the functionalities described in the product/service description during the term of this contract.
The manner in which the services are provided is at the reasonable discretion of the service provider. The service may also take the form of guidelines or instructions for the customer. The customer is required to adhere to such instructions.
6. New program parts
The service provider shall continue to work on developing the software licensed to the customer and shall incorporate future developments in updates or upgrades.
The service provider can at any time replace the software licensed to the customer with updates or upgrades at its own reasonable discretion.
The service provider shall grant the customer usage rights to such updates and upgrades in accordance with the underlying main contract.
The service provider shall be liable in accordance with statutory regulations for any loss or damage to the customer caused with intent or by gross negligence, or which ensues from the absence of a warranted property, arises from a culpable breach of cardinal duties, results in harm inflicted on life, limb or physical health, or where liability is assumed under the product liability law.
Cardinal duties include those contractual obligations which have to be fulfilled in order for the agreement to be executed in the first place; which the contractual partner may rely on being performed as a matter of course; and which if breached by the other party may jeopardise the very purpose of the contract.
If a cardinal duty is breached, liability – provided the damage is merely caused by slight negligence – shall be limited to those losses which are typical and foreseeable and must therefore be anticipated in connection with the provision of software under the contractual agreement.
If the damage suffered by the customer is due to loss of data, the service provider shall not be liable for this.
In all other respects, liability – irrespective of the particular legal basis – shall be excluded.
8. Term of contract and termination
This agreement is linked to the term of the main contract and automatically ends once the main contract expires or is terminated in some other way. If the main contract is extended, then this agreement shall be extended automatically, too.
The following applies to ifm moneo software products:
With the purchase of the software, the customer acquires a right to (free) service until the end of the calendar year in which it purchased the corresponding moneo modules and the following year. At the end of the following year, the entitlement to services expires. The customer can either conclude a new service contract or book individual services as required. This presupposes compliance by the customer with the obligations to perform and cooperate described in Clause 4.
9. Final provisions
If individual clauses contained in this contract are or become legally ineffective – in part or in full – the validity of the remaining provisions of this contract shall not be affected.
This contract shall be governed by the law of the country in which ifm is headquartered. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods of 11 April 1980 (UN Sales Convention) shall be excluded.
The exclusive place of jurisdiction for disputes arising from or in connection with the agreement shall be at the registered office of ifm.
As of: Dec. 2020