- COMPANY PROFILE:
ifm electronic optimises and develops reliable technical processes by means of innovative sensors and systems for our customers all over the world. The customer has been at the focus of our activities since the company was founded in 1969. To date we have 100,000 customers in more than 70 countries with currently a turnover of 975 Million Euro globally and 7.000 employees. We provide the full end to end value chain in cutting edge Industrial Automation spanning from R&D through production into Sales and the After Sales Services to our customers, supporting business across all industries including Food and Beverage; Automotive for both OEM’s and End users in all business segments from the large Multinational Corporations with business spanning the globe as well as the local midsize and small enterprises in all their various automation needs with a product palette of over 4.500 articles covering all areas of automation from position sensing to process as well as network and controls.
- JOB GOALS/ OBJECTIVES:
This Job Specification is provided as guideline of main duties & focus for your work. These duties may change from time to time, in reaction to the company strategies, in consultation with your Manager.
Your main task is to develop business opportunities for ifm products to both prospective & existing customers in your designated sales area. This is done through direct product presentation & training sessions with customers. Your local management will assign you your territory and accounts together with your market development budget, for which you will then have full responsibility.
As part of your duty of care towards ifm customers, it is your responsibility to follow up with new contacts and potential new accounts on a regular basis via the various modes of communication (such as telephone, email and visits for accounts with large immediate opportunities and potential) to secure the client relationship.
Your local management should be informed with regular updates on your pipeline on your weekly meetings and highlight any issues in converting leads to orders as immediately.
Office base: Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel: ability to travel nationally, internationally
- Laptop & Product Demo case
- Mobile Phone
- Hired car (& driver if needed) to conduct your business objectives or car allowance
- Field visit: ifm has clear expectations that 600 customer visits per year. Note – All allocated customers must be visited within a calendar year – failure to do so may
- Proactively hunting new opportunities also keeping in mind upselling and cross-selling larger integrated solutions to any customer, should the need arise. Awareness of current and future plans on the customer side (projects/international expansion/new facilities/new-global initiatives)
- Accounts should be evaluated overall business potential for ifm; and be prioritized and categorized.
- Customer days should be well planned, with appointments organized according to highest “ifm potential” - across your entire allocated Customer Base.
- Ensure any enquiries from the customer are followed up on the same day, be they technical or commercial nature.
- Ensure that all visits and other customer related interactions are documented in CRM within two days of the activity. Visit reports – Compulsory!
- Update the business potential of Customers you meet in CRM, weekly.
- Attend and make a professional contribution to companies’ Vietnam sales meetings.
- You will have a weekly meeting one on one with your local management, during which you will go through your past week activities, your current performance and your next week planned activities. You are responsible to provide your local management with full information update based on your Sales Planner Input
- Bachelor or Master degree in System Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Automation
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and the uses of industrial automation in order to fully understand and identify the customers’ needs and requirements
- Experience of the application of sensors and sensing technology and software in the areas of industrial automation. IO Link knowledge of benefit will be an advantaged
- Proactive, autonomous
- Willingness to learn
- Willing to work longer hours when occasionally required
- Languages: Vietnamese, English
- Possess Car Driving license is a plus
- Medical benefits
- Health insurance
- Basic Salary: competitive
- Bonus: 13th month, performance, incentive
- Annual company trip
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org