- Non-contact detection independent of colour, transparency or surface characteristics of the object
- Very large detection range
- Intuitive setting of the detection range via pushbutton or IO-Link
- With programmable switching output and scalable analogue output
- Clearly visible LED for indicating switching status and echo
Ultrasonic sensors are used for reliable position detection and precise continuous distance measurement of solids, powders and liquids. They transmit and receive sound waves in the ultrasonic range. The object to be detected reflects the sound waves and the distance information is determined via time-of-flight measurement. Blister packages in packaging technology or transparent plastic bowls in the food industry, for example, can be reliably detected.
Even in operating conditions with heavy soiling, dust or mist the sensors detect objects reliably and without interference.
ifm's compact ultrasonic sensors provide a particularly small blind zone, long sensing ranges and a high resolution.
The product range includes units with programmable switching output, analogue output, or a combination of both. Output function, switch points and measuring range are conveniently set via a pushbutton on the unit or via wire teach.
Some sensor types can additionally be configured via IO-Link, e.g. using a USB interface. The LINERECORDER SENSOR software is used to visualise, transfer and archive parameter sets.