- Solutions food and beverage
React to market requirements in the food and beverage industries in time
The food and beverage industries are undergoing a major change.
Consumers expect a larger variety to choose from, more functionalities of their food and have more demanding requests on the sustainability of their foodstuffs. They are, however, also willing to pay more for these services.
The production of liquid food and drinks is much more diverse than just a few years ago. The increased demands of the consumers thus have a large influence on the production processes of the food manufacturers. They demand considerably more flexible and thus more complex production processes. This increases the risks of downtime and faults in your production. A characteristic figure from the beer industry shows that production faults can be expensive: The annual, worldwide losses due to inefficiencies in the production amount to a goods value of up to 8.3 billion euros. This means that the losses can account for up to 1/20 of the overall output.
However, rising complexity also causes a direct chance to increase the profit thanks to diverse process optimisation. In this respect, food manufacturers have to:
- set up their systems so that they can be quickly changed from one to another product to ensure the required variety of products.
- keep the times and costs for production changes low to ensure optimum efficiency in your system.
- monitor processes as best as possible at an early stage to detect sources of faults and thus avoiding production downtime and losses as well as deficiencies in the product quality.
- ensure transparent and sustainable design of the production processes to convince their customers of the sustainable production.
In this respect, ifm provides innovative solutions
Innovative automation solutions enable you to master the new requirements on the food production and to keep pace with the competitors technology-wise. See the following pages to inform yourself about ifm solutions to improve the availability, performance and quality of your system. Using our level sensors with IO-Link, for example, you avoid production losses by monitoring the level of your tanks with high precision and to see it on the dashboard in real time. Click here for more solutions: