- Units with integrated or separate evaluation electronics
- Modular concept for a large variety of applications
- High process safety due to self-monitoring
- Variable process connection using adapters
- High shock and vibration resistance
Temperature is the physical variable most often measured in machines and installations.
In the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries, temperature sensors are used to ensure that products are at the correct temperature. In machine tool and automotive applications, the temperature or temperature difference measured at drives, gears and motors plays an important role as an indicator of the machine condition. In the steel, metal and glass industries, temperature monitoring of cooling circuits serves to prevent overheating of plants.
A large selection of ifm temperature sensors is offered to suit different temperature ranges, installation depths, environmental conditions and media.