Robust full-metal ultrasonic sensor for harsh environments
- Continuous non-contact level measurement and object detection regardless of environmental condition
- Resistant to aggressive media
- Long range of up to 2500 mm
- Digital or analogue measured value output
Improved performance thanks to IO-Link
- Easy parameter setting, measured value transmission and diagnostic information via IO-Link
Level monitoring in any application
Whether in tanks or silos, whether liquids, bulk material or individual objects: The universal level and distance measurement using ultrasound is reliable and accurate. However, even if there is no direct contact with the medium, aggressive vapours and fumes can severely affect the function and life of a sensor. But thanks to ifm’s new full-metal ultrasonic sensor, this is now a thing of the past. From the diaphragm to the connector, the sensor is completely enclosed in resistant high-grade stainless steel. Thus, it is resistant to external influences and benefits from an extended service life.
Using IO-Link communication, distance values can be transmitted digitally or the measuring range can be set. Thanks to the feedback on the echo quality, the alignment of the sensor can be optimised during installation and the functional reliability can be continuously monitored.