- Visual assessment of distance, level or volume
- Reliable function due to time-of-flight measurement
- Illumination, measurement and evaluation in one unit
- Up to 23232 distance values per measurement for a detailed assessment of the application
- Two switching outputs, one of them programmable as analogue output
The O3D is a photoelectric 3D sensor which measures the distance between the sensor and the nearest surface point by point using the time-of-flight principle. The unit illuminates the scene with an internal infrared light source and calculates the distance by means of the light reflected from the surface.
The sensor can be used for completeness checks, volume determination or sorting tasks.
For example, it can check whether a case or pallet contains the correct number of items. This inspection is independent of the items' colour and texture. Using the parameter setting software, the sensor is easily adjusted to different packaging sizes.
Applications can also be found in the parcel services field, in warehouses and in logistics and distribution centres. For automated storage space planning, the sensor provides the size, orientation and position of the packages. This ensures optimum use of the available storage space.