IO-Link system overview
What opportunities does IO-Link offer?
Manufacturing plants worldwide are increasingly relying on high-performance data and information technology to improve their overall equipment efficiency. Always present: IO-Link. The breakthrough technology enables sensors to simultaneously transmit diagnostic information to the PLC and to higher-level IT infrastructures.
You would like to know more about IO-Link? Nothing easier than that. We have summarised the most important facts and benefits of IO-Link for you.
What does IO-Link offer you?
- An IEC 61131-9 global standard digital communication protocol
- An easy-to-set-up point-to-point communication, not a fieldbus
- A technology that can be connected to control systems with Ethernet-based fieldbus systems (such as EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, AS-i)
How do you benefit from IO-Link?
- Uses standard, unshielded M8 or M12 cables of up to 20 metres
- Allows devices to send and receive significantly more data
- Receive digital measured values and process data from the sensor without any conversion losses
- Parameter setting and monitoring via software
- Reading and logging of event and diagnostic data
- Binary use of sensors in SIO mode
- Use of additional digital functions in COM mode
Bottom line: IO-Link provides an easy and comfortable way to build a future-proof foundation for smart industrial automation.