- Product news
- Industrial communication
- Industry 4.0 made easy – Apps instead of expensive programming
Industry 4.0 made easy – Apps instead of expensive programming
Easy as using a smartphone! Individual connection to a PLC by means of reloadable apps
- Fast and easy integration of intelligent sensors into the PLC world
- No special PC software required, an internet browser is sufficient
- PLC connection via the fieldbus protocols Profinet, Profibus, EtherNet/IP and others
- Smart additional functions tailored to the sensors selected
- Straightforward web configuration instead of time-consuming and costly programming
Until now: complex programming
Modern sensors offer more and more intelligent functions that can also be made available to the PLC via interfaces like IO-Link or TCP/IP. To use them, the PLC programmer has to individually implement the functionalities in the PLC. This is very time-consuming and costly, especially when it comes to implementing the required user interfaces.
From now on: fit for Industry 4.0 – ifm System Solutions
With the new ifm System Solution Apps ifm electronic has developed a system which is easy to create. It allows process data from different sensors to be transmitted to common fieldbus systems, and their parameters are easily accessible. For this purpose, ifm now offers tailored apps which can be loaded into the ifm fieldbus gateway without any programming software.
ifm System Solution Apps
The centrepiece for using the ifm System Solution App is the AC14 SmartPLC. On the one hand, the device has a certified fieldbus interface (Profinet, Profibus, EtherNet/IP) for the connection to a PLC. On the other hand, the AC14 features excellent communication possibilities via an additional EtherNet interface and up to two AS-i masters for connection to a variety of sensors and actuators. Loading and configuration of the app is made via the integrated web interface, i.e. all necessary settings can be carried out conveniently via a device with an internet browser.