- Product news
- Position sensors
- PMD distance sensor for precise measurement to the nearest millimetre
PMD distance sensor for precise measurement to the nearest millimetre
Compact colour-independent laser sensor with standard M18 thread – the presence of parts, e.g. O-rings and their correct installation can be verified
- Small compact design with standard M18 thread and time of flight technology
- Precise distance measurement to the nearest millimetre
- Distance value shown on 2-colour display and sent via IO-Link
- Easy setting with 3-buttons or IO-Link
Precise ToF distance sensor for demanding applications
Thanks to the innovative on-chip time-of-flight principle with PMD technology (photonic mixer device), this sensor offers all the capability of a very precise measurement system. The distance information can determine the presence of parts or their correct installation, e.g. if an O-ring has or has not been mounted. The excellent reflection resistance and background suppression, together with a high excess gain, enable reliable operation. The PMD technology of the OGD is vastly superior to conventional diffuse reflection laser sensors. The OGD Precision is available with an extremely small light spot at a 300 mm range to detect very small parts.
The switch point is easily set to the nearest millimetre via the three operating keys or alternatively via IO-Link, which also allows read-out of the current distance value.