Compact ultrasonic sensors
Object detection for long ranges and difficult surfaces
- Robust high-grade stainless steel housing for demanding applications
- Sensing range up to 1.2 m in M18 cube design and 2.2 m in M18 design
- The vibrating sound transducer reduces the deposit of dirt
- Retro-reflective operation for orientation-independent object detection
- Easy setting via teach button or wire teach
The alternative for difficult surfaces
Ultrasonic sensors transmit and receive sound waves in the ultrasonic range. The object to be detected reflects the sound waves and the distance information is determined via time of flight measurement. As opposed to photoelectric sensors colour, transparency or the object’s surface shine do not play a role. Blister packages in packaging technology or transparent plastic bowls in the food industry, for example, can be reliably detected.
The ifm ultrasonic sensors in M18 design provide a particularly small blind zone and long sensing ranges which are usually only achieved by sensors of a considerably larger design. The sensors operate reliably with heavy soiling so that they can be used in applications in which photoelectric sensors meet their limits.