- Compact and robust housing
- Designs to proven industrial standard
- Cable entry for axial and radial use
- Versions with integrated fieldbus interface
- Hollow shaft encoder for direct mounting on actuators
In many manufacturing and production processes, in mobile machines and in the area of renewable energies encoders have become established as reliable instruments to ensure precise positioning. They convert rotary movement into digital signals. Encoders use the wear-free photoelectric or magnetic detection. A pulse disc firmly attached to the shaft or a movable magnet carrier ensures this detection.
A distinction is made between incremental and absolute encoders.
Incremental encoders generate a precisely defined number of pulses per revolution. They are a measure of the angular or linear distance moved.
Absolute encoders provide an absolute numerical value for each angular position even over several revolutions.