OCF fibre-optic sensor
Convenient installation and operation
When the smallest or most transparent objects have to be detected in applications where space is limited: fibre optic technology is the best choice. With the OCF fibre optic sensor this technology can be used even more easily and reliably.
Already during installation the OCF proves to be very convenient:
two spring-loaded locating lugs allow the OCF to be mounted on a DIN rail with one hand. The fibrelock system simplifies mounting and securing of the fibre optics.
Thanks to the automatic selection of the optimal operating mode and the intelligent maintenance functions, the OCF works always reliably under all conditions and thus contributes to high performance and availability of the system.
What are the advantages of the new fibre optic sensor?
Six operating modes and automatic selection via Smart Mode.
Two switching outputs for fast processes and diagnostics via IO-Link.
OLED display, logical 3-button operation and a guided menu in 10 languages.
Toolless mounting and simple plugging in of the fibre optics.
Detection of tiny objects
Screws in a spiral conveyor
- Task:Check whether all screws are in the correct position
- Challenge:The screws are very small.
- Thanks to focused optics and very small light spot diameters, every single screw can be detected and the correct positioning can be verified. In addition, the screws can be counted using IO-Link.
Detection of very fast objects
- Task:Check the feed of the bottles and whether bottle caps are present
- Challenge:The bottles move at a very high speed.
- Thanks to dual channel, the fast moving bottles can be detected while at the same time using diagnostic functions via IO-Link.
Detection of objects that are difficult to identify
- Task:Detect whether a minimum level has been reached in a transparent vessel (e.g. bottle, glass or tube)
- Challenge:The vessel and the liquid are transparent.
- The six different operating modes and the automatic mode selection prevent incorrect switching on surfaces that are difficult to detect (e.g. dark, transparent or shiny).
Use in demanding environments
- Task:Check the optimum positioning of a component
Space for mounting is limited.
Oil or chemicals are often used.
- Due to the resistance to a variety of aggressive media, reliable detection is possible even under difficult conditions. In addition, the “Clean me” function enables monitoring of the degree of soiling via IO-Link, supporting predictive maintenance.
Glass fibre optics for connection to the fibre optic sensor
The perfect choice for every application
Different sensing heads and highest transmission quality with minimum bending radii and resistance to multiple bending make the fibre optics the perfect choice for any scenario. The fibre optics also withstand the stress when used in drag chains, chemicals or high temperatures.
- Extremely small bending radii and great number of bending cycles
Highly flexible with a minimum bending radius of 1mm and up to 1 million bending cycles
- High resistance to temperature and chemical substances
Resistant to temperatures up to 290°C and demanding environments thanks to a stainless steel and/or metal-silicone sheath
- Wide range of sensing heads
Bot only variable in material, size, operating principle and design, but also in terms of range and light emission angle