- Product news
- Condition monitoring systems
- x, y and z axis: Sensor detects acceleration in three dimensions
x, y and z axis: Sensor detects acceleration in three dimensions
- Optimum condition analysis thanks to acceleration measurement in 3 axes
- For connection to VSE diagnostic electronics
- Universal use thanks to IEPE standard
- Wide measuring range for many different application scenarios
- Robust housings with IP 67, IP 68 or IP 69K
For efficient vibration diagnostics
The VSM101 acceleration sensor can detect changes in vibration on the x, y and z axis. This spatial perception simplifies machine condition monitoring where forces and unbalances not only affect just one axis of motion, as is the case with motors and moving parts of the installation.
Important indicator of condition monitoring
The acceleration signal plays an important role in machine and plant condition monitoring. It is an indicator of various symptoms, such as unbalance, damaged bearings or crashes that may lead to machine failure or even irreparable damage. The detected raw data is transferred for further evaluation to an external device, such as the VSE diagnostic electronics from ifm.
Robust: MEMS measuring principle
The VSM101 acceleration sensor is based on a MEMS chip (capacitive measuring principle) and designed for demanding industrial applications. Thanks to MEMS technology, the sensor’s proper functioning can be checked actively via the diagnostic electronics (self-test).
Widely compatible: IEPE standard
The sensor transmits its data according to the IEPE signal, which is a standard on the market, e.g. for acceleration sensors. The advantage of IEPE devices is a constantly high sensitivity – irrespective of the type of the connection cable or its length.