- Product news
- Photoelectric fork and angle sensors with switching frequencies up to 14,000 Hz
Photoelectric fork and angle sensors with switching frequencies up to 14,000 Hz
Precise detection of very small parts or in applications with very high speeds and individual adjustment via IO-Link
- Quick set-up: no need to align transmitter and receiver
- Easy setting via potentiometer or IO-Link
- Application-specific sensor modes via IO-Link
- Indication of soiling by permanent monitoring of the emitted amount of light via IO-Link
Optical fork and angle sensors
The new devices from ifm are used for part monitoring in feeder systems as well as in assembly and handling applications. Compared to through-beam sensors, their advantage is that the time-consuming alignment of transmitter and receiver is not necessary.
Settings and diagnostics with IO-Link
A wide range of applications can be solved by using standard optical fork and angle sensors. However, when it comes to the detection of very small parts or to high speed applications, conventional optical fork and angle sensors rapidly reach their limits. Thanks to IO-Link, individual setting is possible. Due to adjustable switching frequencies of up to 14,000 Hz, the sensors are suited even for applications with very high speeds. A soiled lens is automatically detected by the sensor so as to allow for cleaning in good time in order to guarantee process safety.