- High reliability due to the elimination of mechanical components
- Different function principles: Guided wave radar, capacitive and hydrostatic
- Devices for limit level detection or continuous level measurement
- Clearly visible LED display
- Suitable for all common industrial and process fluids
Electronic level sensors monitor filling levels of liquids or bulk materials in containers, tanks and silos. Even critical process conditions such as emptying a hydraulic tank or the unintentional overspill of a tank are monitored using level sensors.
The ifm product range includes units for continuous level measurement or point level detection. Depending on the application, different measuring principles such as capacitive, guided wave radar or hydrostatic level measurement are offered. For non-contact level detection, photoelectric distance sensors or 3D camera systems can be used.
Build-up and wear often lead to failures, in particular if mechanical switches are in contact with the medium. The electronic ifm sensors can do without any mechanical parts or floats. This makes the sensors especially robust and reliable. Further advantages of electronic sensors are the local level indication and easy switch point setting via pushbuttons.