Safe detection of metal.
Safe state is reached when damped.
- Fail-safe inductive sensor without magnetic or coded target.
- 2 OSSD outputs for connection to a safety relay or safety PLC.
- Diagnosis of different operating states via LED indication.
- Easy integration in the machine due to flush mounting.
- Certified to ISO 13849-1 PL d, IEC 61508 SIL 2 and IEC 62061 SIL cl2.
ApplicationsThe safety function of the sensor allows the user to solve some applications easier than before. If there is no metal in the sensor field, the outputs are enabled. If there is metal in the sensor field, the outputs are safely switched off.
Example crane bridge monitoringA fail-safe sensor monitors the position of the crane on the rail. So far the sensor was damped across the whole travel; the sensor was undamped only at the stop positions. This new fail-safe sensor allows mounting of only one damping element each at the beginning and the end of the crane bridge which saves material and mounting cost.
Inductive fail-safe applications are special applications requiring non-contact and safe detection of a metal object.