SA Thermal Flow Sensor with Digital Display
Temperature and Flow Detection in One Sensor
- Measures flow of water, oils, glycol and air
- Pipe diameter selectable from 1/2” to 16"
- Fast response time and integrated temperature measurement
- Stainless steel construction to withstand harsh environments
- Two color red/green digital display provides at-a-glance status readings
- Selectable outputs for switching, frequency and analog
- IO-Link compatible - additional features such as plug-and-play replacement, real-time recipe changes and diagnostic feedback
The new SA Series flow sensor is designed to detect and measure the flow and temperature of oil, water, glycol and air in pipes up to 16 inches in diameter. The sensor is a reliable alternative to mechanical flow switches. Because there are no moving parts to jam or break, maintenance headaches can be avoided.
Calorimetric measuring principle
The SA Series flow sensor operates using the calorimetric measuring principle. The sensor tip houses two RTD elements and a heat source. When power is applied, the tip of the sensor is heated. The flow rate is determined as these RTDs react to the physical effect of a flowing medium conducting heat energy away from the sensor tip. This temperature-based operating principle can reliably sense the flow of virtually any liquid or gas.
A simple pushbutton menu allows the sensor to be customized to fit your application’s setpoints. Designed with an integrated digital display, values may be set in green or red for indicating if process values are within range or if limits have been exceeded. Parameters may also be set via ifm's LineRecorder software or IO-Link.
The SA is available in various probe lengths and process connections to fit most mounting requirements.
Learn More Product Bulletin