Robust OID Series stainless steel photoelectric sensor with PMD technology
Reliable sensing for industrial automation applications
ifm’s OID Series stainless steel photoelectric sensors integrate the “Time of Flight” sensing principle with PMD technology to provide reliable sensing in industrial automation applications. The advantages of PMD technology include extremely long sensing ranges of up to 2 meters (6.5 ft.) and reliable background suppression. Also, the OID offers reliable optical performance, independent of a target’s color or shine.
Designed to withstand harsh, wet environments
The OID’s M30 stainless steel housing is completely sealed from ingress and is rated IP69K. It is ideal for harsh environments and can withstand caustic chemicals and cleaning agents used in high-pressure wash-down environments in the food and beverage industries.
Features of the OID stainless steel photoelectric sensor include:
- PMD “Time-of-Flight” technology which enables long sensing ranges up to 2 meters (6.5 ft.)
- Completely sealed stainless steel housing rated IP69K for harsh or wet environments
- Ability to set sensor parameters, access real-time distance and diagnostic information via IO-Link
- Superior optical performance independent of target color
- Reliable background suppression with no false triggers from highly reflective objects such as stainless steel
Available in Class 1 or Class 2 laser versions, the OID sensor can be mounted to any surface and rotated in any position for application versatility. A visible red light spot helps to align the sensor and the target.
More information Download Product Bulletin