New mechatronic inline volumetric flow sensors with display
The smart float-type flow meter
- Optimised for water and oils
- Integrated temperature measurement
- No inlet and outlet pipe lengths required
- Red/green colour change for process values
- Very fast response time of < 10 ms
Mechatronic flow sensorThe flow sensor works on the principle of springsupported piston: The piston, located in the valve seat in the housing, is lifted by the flowing medium against the spring.
The piston position is monitored via a magnetic field sensor and is output as an analogue signal. The spring forces the piston to return to its original position with decreasing flow. This ensures position-independent installation of the flow sensor preventing backflow. The sensor head can be rotated by 360 °C so that it can be read in any position.