IO-Link - point-to-point communication
- Use also for existing installations, downward-compatible by using the standard sensor signal.
- Easy replacement of the IO-Link units without additional software changes or operating panels, reduction of the set-up times.
- Only one manufacturer and fieldbus independent system that will replace all proprietary systems in the medium term.
- Additional diagnostic information can be requested if needed, meaning easier fault location and so reduced downtime.
- Central diagnosis of the complete plant, e.g. via the FDT software.
- Restoring the sensor / actuator parameters in case of replacement and servicing.
What actually is ... IO link? Application example: IO-Link sensor and existing I/Os Application example: Automatic parameter setting FAQ: Frequently asked questions about IO-Link product range with IO-Link interface IO Device Description - IODD FDT and DTM (ifm Container)
Why I/O Link is a Manufacturing Mainstay (YouTube Video)
ifm IO-Link brochure (PDF file 1,036 kB)
Website IO-Link consortium Download overview - IO-Link consortium
IO-Link white paper (PDF file 530 kB)