Object detection for long ranges and difficult surfaces.
Here you will find the most important information at a glance:
- M18 plastic housing available in the two lengths 60 mm and 98 mm
- Robust high-grade stainless steel housing for demanding applications
- Long ranges from 300 mm to 2200 mm available
- Sensing range up to 1.2 m in M18 cube design and 2.2 m in M18 design
- The vibrating sound transducer reduces the deposit of dirt
- Retro-reflective operation for orientationindependent object detection
- Digital and analogue output for point level measurement and distance detection
- Easy setting via teach button, wire teach or IO-Link
The alternative for difficult surfaces
Ultrasonic sensors transmit and receive sound waves in the ultrasonic range. The object to be detected reflects the sound waves and the distance information is determined via time of flight measurement. As opposed to photoelectric sensors colour, transparency or the object’s surface shine do not play a role. Blister packages in packaging technology or transparent plastic bowls in the food industry, for example, can be reliably detected.
The ifm ultrasonic sensors in M18 design provide a particularly small blind zone and long sensing ranges which are usually only achieved by sensors of a considerably larger design. The sensors operate reliably with heavy soiling so that they can be used in applications in which photoelectric sensors meet their limits.
Ultrasonic sensors in plastic housing.
Ultrasonic sensors in high-grade stainless steel housing.