Laser sensors / distance measurement sensors - System description
- Detection of tiny objects.
- Clearly visible red light for easy adjustment to the object.
- Automatic switch point setting by pressing a pushbutton.
- Application sensors for special application areas.
- System components for fine adjustment.
Laser sensors are used where small objects or precise positions are to be detected. They are designed as through-beam sensors, retro-reflective sensors or diffuse reflection sensors.
Laser light consists of light waves of the same wave length with a fixed phase ratio (coherence). This results in an important feature of laser systems, that is the almost parallel light beam.
The result: Long ranges can be achieved thanks to the small angle of divergence. The laser spot which is also clearly visible in daylight simplifies the alignment of the system.
Coherent: Laser sensors emit light of a defined wave length and the same phase position.